Protect Your Business and Drivers with Fleet Insurance
Unlike a standard van insurance or car policy, a comprehensive level of cover rather than 3rd party is usually recommended for taxi fleet owners. A policy can be for a named driver or for any drivers of your vehicles over the age of 25.
If you have multiple motor vehicles you use for taxi services or deliveries, clients opt for taxi fleet insurance. It’s likely you will improve your premium and free up the time involved at each annual renewal, or each time a new driver joins.
A fleet insurance policy for 2 or more vehicles will typically be classed as one of:
Social, Domestic & Pleasure Use
This allows travel to and from one permanent place of work from home.
Class 1 Business Use
This is suitable if you drive to more than one office location or visit clients.
Class 2 Business Use
Like Class 1, but also allows other drivers named on the policy to drive too.
Class 3 Business Use
The largest cover available, it allows commercial travel including the collection of money.
If you have multiple vehicles with many drivers, contact Protect My Taxi today for a competitive quote that gives you the peace of mind you deserve.
Benefits of a Fleet Insurance Policy
- Protection from financial losses – Covers your business from financial losses if stolen or in an accident. This can include damage to either party’s vehicles or property if your employee was at fault.
- Peace of mind – Motor insurance can provide peace of mind for car or van drivers and their owners. Knowing a company vehicle is covered in an accident or other incident can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Compliance with regulations – In some areas, taxi businesses are required to have fleet insurance which can open up more work and comply with the law.
- Increased customer confidence – Fleet insurance shows businesses and councils that need taxi services you are a responsible and professional firm that takes safety seriously, leading to increased revenues.
- Lower insurance rates – In some cases, having fleet insurance can lead to lower insurance rates. This is because insurance companies may offer discounts for businesses with multiple vechicles.
Types of Coverage
- Liability insurance – This covers the cost of damage that is caused by your taxi drivers. This can include damage to other vehicles, property, and even personal injury.
- Property insurance – This type of insurance covers the cost of damage to your taxi vehicles. This can include damage from accidents, theft, vandalism, and other incidents.
- Business interruption insurance – Covers the cost of lost revenue if your business is unable to operate due to an incident. This can be a valuable source of income if your business is forced to close for an extended period.
- Workers’ compensation insurance – Covers medical expenses and lost wages for your employees if they are injured on the job. This is a legal requirement in most areas of the UK.
- Accident forgiveness – This type of coverage can help you avoid rate increases after an accident. If you have an accident and your policy includes accident forgiveness, you may be able to keep your current rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Get a Fleet Insurance Quote?
- Number of vehicles
- The type of vehicles
- Age and condition of the vehicles
- The insurance provider with information about your drivers:
- Driver’s license numbers
- Driving History
- Age: fleet vehicle insurance is for drivers over 25
You will be able to obtain a commercial vehicle insurance quote for your needs by being honest and accurate with your fleet insurance company. Remember to ask for any optional extras like breakdowns or any diver cover.
How to Save Money on Fleet Insurance?
- Shop around for quotes: Get quotes from multiple commercial motor insurance providers before you decide on a policy.
- Consider a higher excess: Paying for to make a claim can lead to lower premiums.
- Maintain a good claims history: A good claims history can help you get lower rates on your fleet insurance.
- Install safety equipment: Installing safety equipment, such as airbags and anti-lock brakes, can help you get lower rates on your fleet insurance.
- Bundle your insurance: If you have other business insurance, such as liability insurance or property insurance, you may be able to save money by bundling your policies with one provider.
Can I Use a No Claims Bonus with a Fleet Insurance Policy?
How Many Vehicles Count as a Fleet?
How Much Does UK Fleet Insurance cost?
- Type of vehicle
- Age and value of the vehicles
- Level of cover
- Driver profile
A specialist taxi insurance broker such as Protect My Taxi, will be able to find you the best rate on the market.